Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Mundane, Mundane

I just found myself singing the Mamas and the Papas with a Tia twist. Instead of Monday, Monday I changed the words to Mundane, Mundane. It fits perfectly, try it!

One of those moments of revelation today about just how much of a routine we get ourselves into on a daily basis. Every day I wake up at the same time, I shower in the same cleanse pattern everyday, I stop for coffee on my way to work, I get to work and have my routine before I go on air at 10, I get off air and same routine post air, then I take the same drive home and move onto my blah blah boring existence at night. I see the same people when I get coffee every morning...the guy in his Solstice who stands by his car so everyone can see how cool he is, yet he never seems to actually go in to the store.  The construction guys who put 80,000 creams in their coffee and don't clean up after themselves. The long-haired dude who drives like an old man who I swear I get behind on the Pasqua every morning and he drives me crazy. I see the same people waiting for the bus with the same looks on their face everyday and the Tim Horton's drive thru line-up gets longer and longer everyday blocking traffic as per usual.

Is it the same for you? If so, why not change it up!? One day this week I'm going to shave my legs first when I get in the shower instead of washing my face. I'll take a different route to work and stop at a different 7-11 for my coffee and maybe even try decaf. This new route will avoid long-haired slow driver dude, no construction workers, and long faced people waiting for the bus. When I get to work, I'm going to sit in the lounge area and read the latest edition of Playgirl before I go on air. When I get off air, I'm going to go plant it in the men's washroom and then take videos of people coming out of the bathroom just to see the look on their face for my own amusement, and then everyone's else, because something like that surely has to go up on YouTube. And if I see some dude trying to be cool standing beside his Solstice, I'm going to go up to him and tell him "you're not as hot as you think you are".

Change it up people! Live life to the fullest, it'll be fun!

Tia 

No comments:

Post a Comment