Saturday, September 25, 2010

Shake the 8 Ball

It was around this time two years ago that I went to see a psychic for the very first time. She was actually an interview subject for a feature writing project in my Public Relations class. In order for me to see that she was credible, she offered to do some readings on me.

Her predictions for my future would be that I was likely going to move to Winnipeg, and from there on to Hamilton, Toronto or Ottawa. She also saw me working in TV of some type. Her abilities also included something called psychometry, which would allow her to get a reading for a friend, relative, etc. All you had to do was have something they would have touched or held onto.

Cue the present day two years later and I'm not living in Winnipeg. I had never been to Winnipeg prior to the reading, but did go a few weeks later for the CCMA's. I'm grateful truthfully that this prediction didn't come true. Winnipeg isn't for everyone. Hamilton, well I have a friend who calls it Toronto's challenged sister, so it doesn't sound overly appealing. Ottawa, you have to be bi-lingual apparently to even get considered to work there, so non, je suis ne pas ici in Ottawa. I'd love to move to Toronto, but just can't seem to break the market for jobs, so it's not seemingly in my future either. As for the TV aspect of it, my orthodontist said he could see me doing TV, to which I told him I have too many freckles. He laughed and said that wasn't true. He's a very nice man.

I guess where I'm going with this is that none of her predictions for me have come even close to being true. Yet ironically, the prediction she made for the friend who's business card I gave her, came true within 6 months of the reading. I feel kind of gypped, but then I remember that she did the reading for free for the sake of my research for the paper. So who am I to complain? I'm just gonna buy an 8 ball and give'er a shake every time I want to know what the future holds.

Tia

No comments:

Post a Comment