Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Dream A Little Dream

Do you ever go through stretches of having bizarre dreams that are seemingly so real you wake up in the morning wondering what the hell?? Then you find yourself at work googling sites that boast all the knowledge of dream interpretation so you can get to the seed of this un-pretty flower.

I strongly suspect my dream last night had something to do with my quasi obsessive compulsive disorder. In the dream, I was living someplace (not sure if it was Regina or not), but for whatever reason, I decided to pack it up one day and move to Virginia. I actually used the words " I'm happy to be moving to a no winter place ". So I'm in the car, driving to Virginia, when I realize I have to turn around and go back. Why? Because I forgot to pack up my Tide and Downy and that just is unacceptable! Apparently my dream world didn't include the possibility of going to a Walmart in Virginia and buying laundry supplies there instead of driving all the way back to wherever I was at in the first place. 

My dreams are also so vivid I can smell in them. Well, I don't mean I smell. I can smell smells in them, is that better? Once I had this dream that a friend of mine was really drunk, so I brought her to my house to crash for the night. As I'm taking her into the spare room, just inside the door, she leans over and vomits on the floor! I actually heaved in my dream from the smell of it! Not to mention that the vision of the contents of her stomach were clear as a bell. I've never eaten asparagus since then. 

I can also testify to the non-validity of the urban legend that if you dream you die, you'll die. I once got shot in a church in my dreams. Anyone who knows me might find that statement alone mystifying, or perhaps even funny. But when the bullet hit me, I felt my stomach actually get hot from the dream blood and my eyes (although I was already asleep) started getting very heavy. Then I couldn't keep them open anymore, so I closed them and could feel myself drifting away from my body. Yes, in my dream I died. But as you've gathered, I'm still alive. Urban legend an epic FAIL!

Tonight I'm hoping to dream that I'm lying in a hammock, in flip flops, in the hot sun, with a little boy named Jamal twisting the tap and passing it around. Sweet dreams!

Tia

No comments:

Post a Comment