Thursday, September 9, 2010

Donzo!

My 3 year relationship with my orthodontist ends today. Truthfully, it's been the most committed relationship I've ever been in and I'm taking a lot of knowledge away from it.

For starters, never get 4 teeth pulled at the same time. Doing so really doesn't leave you a good side to chew on. Just go with 2 at a time and do flights. I've learned from my jaw surgery that I have a high tolerance for pain and given the choice, I'd rather never get a catheter put in again in this lifetime. It's one thing to have a nurse who's good at putting them in, it's another thing to have a nurse who awkwardly takes three tries. I've learned that having your mouth wired shut and not being able to eat solid foods is a total inconvenience and no amount of chocolate Ensure will make you less miserable.

I've taken some positives away from this experience at the same time. I've become a master flosser who could weave in and out of my teeth in my sleep. I've quite enjoyed my road trips to Saskatoon, they're always good for clearing a person's head or singing along to your favorite songs at the top of your lungs and coming to work the next day with a hoarse voice because of it. And I've concluded that Davidson is a much better pee stop than Chamberlain is.

What was supposed to only be 2 years turned into 3 years, jaw surgery, about $8000, about 36 trips minimum to Saskatoon, and a retainer for life. I can only hope that when the tin hits the floor today, it's everything that I thought it was going to be for my new smile. A person would hate to be disappointed wouldn't they?

Tia

No comments:

Post a Comment