Thursday, March 15, 2012

Do you Swear?

Yesterday I was picking up the kiddios at their school. Each day the parents/care-givers arrive and wait outside the classroom door until the teachers release the beasts.

As I'm leaning against the wall, a woman was just down the hall within earshot talking to one of the dads. I'm pretty sure every 4th word that came out of her mouth was "shit". I should point out that this was just outside of a class for 4 yr olds and in a Catholic school to boot!

I'm not a saint when it comes to swearing, but I was a little appalled. There's a time and a place and I'm not sure that was the best choice of words given the location. God probably didn't think so either!

So when is it not appropriate to use that kind of language? Well a Catholic school would be one place. In front of kids certainly is the wrong place. But at what age of kids do you worry less about loose lips and give into the fact they'll learn it eventually? I also avoid swearing around seniors as I find it disrespectful. Swearing around people you've just met is touchy until you get a sense of what they're like  first. And despite both my parents being the type to swear up and down like sailors, I actually don't like to swear around them. It's odd I know.

Do you have any "swear rules"?

Tia

1 comment:

  1. Can't swear at work. Or try not to. Couple people at work I will tehm fly infront of.

    ReplyDelete