Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My Little Black Book

I came across this gem today. It's my dear old little Black Book. Well technically it's purple, but who's keeping count. In it little scribbles inside the opening covers of dates, appointment times and phone numbers. Some with names, others without. Inside the actual alphabetical address tabs, non existent addresses, numbers and people who's names I had totally forgotten. My favourite ever doctor in Moose Jaw is under the "A"s. She's apparently in Calgary now. The CIBC toll free number I could call for information on my student loans, well paid off by now. My 100 year old landlord from my apartment on Mayor McGrath in Lethbridge. Under the "W" the number and box number of my grandma Walker who's no longer with us. Not to mention the numerous other people I've come across since my 20's when the last entry was likely made in this book. 

Talk about things that are a lost art form. How many of you actually have a little address book anymore and actually use it? Nowadays with smart phones and computers, everything can go into a contact tab and never have to be written down. Further to that, how many people actually write letters that they address and mail to anyone anymore either? 

I'm debating whether to keep this little book of memories for sentimental reasons, or chuck it because it's obviously useless. The one thing I can tell you for sure, there's no one under the "X" or "Z" tabs. Surprised?

3 comments:

  1. I actually have 2 little black books, one for Palmer's Electric clients and suppliers and one for myself. I still send written letters maybe for Palmers Electric or SaskPower but I send them. I also send Christmas cards work and personal, as well as birthday invites and thank you cards! It's a dying art form for sure but I'll keep it going because mail these days suck with all the bills in it, sometimes it's nice to get a little surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you're right about the surprises! Good on you for preserving "art". :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super-Duper site! I am Loving it!! Will come back again, Im taking your feed also, Thanks. ブラック融資

    ReplyDelete