Thursday, February 9, 2012

I'm Not Adopted!

Next week is Valentine's Day, which means it's my sister's birthday, which means she's going to Vegas for the week. So as of Monday, I've agreed to take on babysitting duties for my nephews and niece. I've gotten pretty good at this babysitting thing, but this is a little different. When the clock strikes 5 I won't be getting in my car and going home, but actually being with them all the time, the whole week!

I'm a little nervous having so much responsibility. What if I sleep in and they miss the bus? What if I forget to make their lunches? What if I send Bailey to school in her brother's clothes and vice versa? What if I mix up all their allergies? One's got an allergy to peanuts, one can't eat gluten and the other has asthma. Not to mention I have to cook for someone other than myself. I hope they like sandwiches.

It will be a great chance to spend some time with them. Last fall Clay asked his mom just as I was walking in the room "Is Aunty Tia adopted?". True story. Not sure why he would ask something like that, but I'm not adopted ok?! Jaron, the oldest, said to his mom the other night, "I can't wait for you guys to leave, I need a break from you guys. That and I can't wait to get to know Aunty Tia better." 


I'm sure everything will be fine. As long as they all have 2 hands and 2 legs and a full set of hair still when their mom gets home, we'll deem it a success. They might even have some new words in their vocabulary. The last set of kids I babysat apparently picked up some new ones, but I assure you they weren't bad words. Just interesting ones.


Wish me luck! Or maybe, wish them luck?


Tia  

No comments:

Post a Comment