Monday, May 2, 2011

Election Nerves

In 1995, I remember sitting on my living room floor in my house in Moose Jaw that had no furniture. The radio life, don't ask.
 
It was the referendum on Quebec sovereignty, whether Quebec should seperate to become an independant state, or remain a part of Canada. Do you remember that? I'll never forget it, mostly because the results were so close: 49.44% "Yes" to 50.56% "No". I was honestly scared for the future of our country that night.
 
I feel those same nerves today on the eve of our election. I sincerely hope we've done a better job at stirring up those apathetic voters and encouraged our youth enough that both will continue to take a vested interest in our country's direction this election and all elections in my lifetime. Here's hoping.
 
Tia

No comments:

Post a Comment